View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #233
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
Any reason you dont have a dedicated PC for staking that you'd build into a node?? I'm obviously a noob on that part of the cryptoasset investment, but are their not security concerns about getting hacked with your wallet open?? I assume it has to be a dedicated coin/token wallet as well and not a MEW or similar in order to stake.

If you'll share, what coins are you looking at for nodes?? I've got 2 that I'm following closely. WTC, but it needs 5000WTC...and LINK, with no details yet.
Wallet open would be a concern if someone has access to your pc. I would say just to keep thing simpler since it can be to many things to mange I like the separate PC so I can have tighter security in place and also keep it low use so that I'm not worried about hardware failure. Although backups are a must. I have considered linux for the separate pc as well but not quite there yet as I'm not very familiar with linux yet.

For nodes I am looking at Denarius coin which is currently developing them. Also I know chaincoin, htmlcoin and buzzcoin are all possibilities for running a master node. I'll have to look at WTC and LINK, I know most of masternodes I've seen require a fairly substantial amount of coins to start but its a nice low maintenance way to get more coins as opposed to mining which can wear down a pc over time and uses far more electricity.
LouCypher is offline   Reply With Quote