View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Recording my songs, a proposition

Musicians of CP, I have a question. I’ve been writing songs for a few years in a variety of genres, and some of them are pretty good according to friends in the music business. I want to have some recorded but I don’t have the time, energy, performance talent or demographic appeal (I’m old [emoji4]) to market them myself.

Suppose you really liked a couple of my songs, they fit your sound and style, I offered to pay for a session for you to record them, you can do whatever you want with the songs and recordings for performances and marketing, but I keep the song-writing credits. Would you do it? Why or why not? Should I do it, why or why not?

This would be a vanity project for me - an opportunity to have a professional recording of my music, a chance to have it performed regularly in public by a band, and an infinitesimally small chance of it actually becoming popular. Worst case I’m a sad old guy paying to get his ego stroked [emoji53]

I’m thinking this would be a more direct approach than trying to sell my music through a publisher where I have no credibility.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post: