View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #605
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKurgan View Post
Cory Schneider has posted some pretty bad numbers this year. Maybe New Jersey would like to get ride of his 4yr x $6mil per and run with Kinkaid and 1 year of Smith as their backup.

To Calgary: Cory Schneider

To New Jersey: Mike Smith + Prospect or bottom six player.

I’d do this but only if NJ retained portion of the cap, a million at least. 5 million cap hit is only about $750,000 more than Smith’s cap hit, albeit for 3 more years. Not too crippling, especially if Stone is traded in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Schneiders health overall is a bigger red flag than Mike Smiths health over a course of a season. But I'd do it if that was the cost. At worst it'd be a lateral move.

I think the chances of Schneider returning to previous form (or at the very least average form) is a lot higher than Smith. He’s 4 years younger and last year was his only real time spent injured. He started 58+ games for 3 straight seasons prior to last year. His career averages are much better than Smith’s. Might be worth the risk since neither Gillies or Parsons look like they’ll be NHL starters any time soon.