View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
maverickstruth
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Well, a couple of things come to mind.

1 - you say you're getting 1000 hits per month, but what's more important is where those hits are coming from. Are they coming from CP? Could just be people curious about your sig, and not really a conversion issue. Are they coming from ads? Searches? Then you might have a conversion issue.

2 - assuming we're looking at a conversion issue, there are a lot of links on your site. It's a lot of visual noise -- the animated banner competes for attention with your links, and there are links all over. It's hard for your site visitor to know exactly where to go for the information they want to get, because there are a lot of options.

3 - what sorts of people do you actually want to have contact you? Right now, it's not clear from your site what services you can provide. People don't want to dig, they want to get the info they need and if they don't find it right away, they'll just go somewhere else. For example, if I want to sell my house and I click on the "sellers" link, I would hope to find some information about what you can do for me. Instead, I'm presented with a list of articles to dive into, when all I want is quick access to information. What I want ("how can you help me sell my house?") and what I get (a list of stuff that I don't really care about) don't match.

4 - about testimonials... it's very rare that testimonials will make a difference at all. It's far more important to consider your website from your user's perspective, figure out why they're coming to your site and then give that to them. Only after they've gotten what they're coming for will they give you what you want (a conversion).

I could go on (I'm a user experience designer, so doing this sort of thing -- figuring out why websites aren't "working" -- is kinda my thing, so I really could!), but hopefully that gives you some places to start. The biggest thing I can suggest is first, figure out if you have a conversion issue or an audience issue. 1000 hits is nothing if they're the wrong sorts of hits. Then, look at whether your site is actually saying what you think it should say, or whether it's actually meeting your visitors' needs. :-)

Last edited by maverickstruth; 11-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.