View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #33
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
What list are you looking at? Because if we are looking back 3 years (15/16, 16/17,ad 17/18) then Gaudreau is in 5th place with 223 points in 231 games. I don't know where you are pulling your stats from.

Check mate, Gaudreau is a top 5 LW.
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...,goals,assists

The list was based on a combination of offense and defense. For offense, I used point production over the last 3 years. For defense, I thought it was important for a player to be able to push people out of the way, therefore I used height as a criteria.

The point was in response to CorsiHockeyLeague's assertion that stats like these are not opinion. They are. They are based on many assumptions and opinions that can easily make them biased or near useless, like my list -despite it being formed by only data. Pavelski, a player on a team I don't like, representing a national team of a rival, there's no bias there. But, weighted or not, over the last three years he's been a top 20 complete center, a list without him, in my opinion, is invalid. His omission should be used as reason to relook at the data, not argue that Pavelski wasn't a top 20 center (or right winger if that's what he put him as).
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: