View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:30 AM   #27
pokerNhockey
Farm Team Player

Exp:

It is really simple to compare prices to what they are worth on your preferred resale site - for both the buyer and seller. If someone is charging more, don't buy there tickets. If they are charging less, either appreciate they are giving you a deal because they can do see the same prices you do, or re-evaluate your part as a purchaser in secondary market tickets sometimes being above face.

I am a season ticket holder and last year, for the games I couldn't attend, I took a loss on significantly more games then I sold above face.

From my experience, the people who get the most indigent about resales above face are also the first to say that it is my problem when I can't recover my cost. I have yet to have one of them offer me above market to keep me whole in those situations, and from my perspective it is only fair if it works both ways.

As an example:
  • Pre-season tickets are basically worthless but I have to buy them - I will be giving all 4 away again this year. The Flames claim preseason are worth $66 at face value, so my cost is $39.
  • Toronto (The highest price sale I had last year) face is $91 this year. You can buy Toronto tickets at my price point on ticketexchange for $100 right now (before fees).
  • To go to one pre-season game and the leafs (my highest and lowest sale price last year), would you rather pay:
    1. The current way it works where I give away the preseason and sell Toronto on ticketexchange for market price - $100/seat,
    2. Cost for the pre-season and face for the Toronto game - $120/seat, or
    3. Face for both - $157/seat
That's the other side of the coin that people who are against sales above face don't seem to consider. The "fair" options (where I don't subsidize people going to lower value games and dont charge above face) seem to work more in my favour, at least for the Toronto game.

Since I have lurked for a while even though I am relatively new to posting, where possible, I plan on offering any of the games I can't attend on CP for the same price as I can get on ticketexchange - reducing your cost of buying my tickets by 25% (ticketmaster markup). As such, the current policy really doesn't affect me in any way - frankly, it is less effort to sell through ticketmaster.

Hopefully this shows that the average season ticket holder is not evil for trying to get market prices for premium games. I think people who buy tickets just to scalp are a whole other discussion, and don't even get me started on ticketmaster charging more to resell tickets when it is the same system.
pokerNhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokerNhockey For This Useful Post: