View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:03 PM   #1724
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
You seem really excited but do some research on your picks. Don't buy both TLRY and APHA since the are merging. Look at the conversion and arbitrage opportunity. Also ACB might be the worst company out there. All they do is dilute. Look at some companies with current USA presence. I won't name any because I don't want to promote particular stocks but there are better opportunities. Good luck!
Oh I know the companies I'm looking at all garbage. Every one of them really. The reason I play the ones I listed is because they all run when weed runs. I'm playing them for 1-2 week swings, scalping at my levels, then hold cores in CGC/MJ. I expect 2 more surges, and will play the pennies in this upcoming surge, and then likely size smaller for the 3rd surge. Weed got a small bump today off a nothing headline, and all the ones i mentioned spiked.

I certainly appreciate the advice, but I'm a swing/day technical trader, that likes to play sector momentum. I do very high level fundamental analysis to help with my thesis and I don't marry the pennies. My strategy is buy when no one is watching, and the chart is ready timing wise for a pop, so I reduce my exposure to the market, and align with real world catalysts (i.e. anticipating Biden this week to make a comment about EV/alt energy, i loaded last Friday on a bunch of popular EV and Alt Energy names, and have been selling into all the fomo all week). When I play a sector, I spread my capital among a handful of the most popular pennies, and then take profits as they spike and move to ones that haven't moved, or just cycle into a sector that I'm watching. That way I protect myself on the spread.

It's like the alt energy/EV boom this week. Most of these EV/alt energy companies don't make a dime, dilute to hell, etc. But retail traders flock to them, and I just follow the volume.

Last edited by manwiches; 01-26-2021 at 11:06 PM.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post: