View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #330
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Terrible news, both for the Flames but more for Valimaki himself suffering another setback. I was really looking forward to him solidifying himself as a bonafide NHL defenseman this season, and starting his progressive and rapid development into a legitimate first pairing NHL defenseman within a couple seasons.

Tough for the Flames too as this throws a wrench into the plans in a number of ways. Kylington clearly needs another season of development in the minors before fulltime NHL duty aside from heavily sheltered situations, and I do believe there was the possibility the Flames were going to include him in a move this summer at his request. Still a chance, but very tough to pull the trigger on that now with depth/Brodie issue in light of Valimaki's injury. Tough spot for Treliving, that's for sure.

Here's to a speedy and routine recovery for Valimaki, and hopefully he's ready to go for round two of the playoffs.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to united For This Useful Post: