View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #231
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Has Peter ever been negative when talking about a junior player? I wouldn't base my hopes on Gawdin based on what he says about him. Most likely Gawdin is a career AHLer, maybe spending some time in Europe as well. If he was able to play 40-80 games in his NHL career it would probably be considered a win for the Flames.

I'm not putting all my hopes on what Loubo says, I am just not basing my future outlook on a prospect based on what a poster on CalgaryPuck says...I will take all available info and determine what I feel Gawdin's future will look like.

Sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to get a player motivated. Perhaps the cut by the Blues, which I am sure was well warranted at that point in his development helped. Interesting thing is...not all players develop at the same rate or at the same age.

I also understand that a 20 year old season can't be viewed as a be all end all. Yes he is a 5th year player and older than everyone else, but he could have just went about his business and had another 20g 30+a 50+ point season, but he didn't. I like his play style and his ability to play with skilled players.

No one knows what the future holds for Gawdin but I like the drive and mental resilience he has shown after being cut by STL.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post: