View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #1503
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Also, as over the last year or two the narrative of all white people are racists is being pushed in society. So if you are caucasian and born, before you speak a word you are a racist.
I just want to address this. I am a white male, born and raised in Canada. I come from a line of equally-white ancestors who were also born and raised in Canada. At no point in time have I ever felt like there is a narrative of "all white people are racists." I'm just saying, that if someone feels personally attacked and/or offended by someone else's comments being called racist... why is that?

To me, there's a couple of possibilities. The first being relation. If you feel like you relate to Don Cherry and often agree with him, and people call him a racist, then people are by-proxy also calling you a racist. The second being that you don't understand what's racist about "You people that come to our country for our milk and honey should buy a poppy."

Though I guess the second is really just a symptom of the first. Or maybe the first is a byproduct of the second. At either rate, the point is that being offended by something is often really just an opportunity to evolve.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post: