View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #65
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Do you mean by going into the bootloader and recovering from there? I could get it into the bootloader, but when I selected "recovery mode", it just would go into loop mode, same as before. The only thing I could do in there was to turn it off.

I'm not terribly tech savvy, I haven't tried anything that requires rooting the phone, but I could give it a shot. (I did take it apart twice and throw a heat gun on the chips, which is how it got brought back to life, albeit temporarily)
You are going to have to do something like this to fix the bootloop on the 5X. It looks daunting but is fairly easy if you read through it a couple of times and be patient doing it. You are just replacing the kernel (boot image).

https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus...ix-boot-phone/

But essentially the big cores on the 5X are dead. All the fix does is disable the big cores to allow your phone to boot but the performance is not the greatest. It's useable but it will be a pain. I would be looking for a new phone though as the performance is bad. Happened on my 6P and it was lagging as hell on the 4 core fix.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post: