View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #1047
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
I don't know, I was never a fan of Rolex designs and don't really check their pricing. But a quick search shows that Jomashop sells it for $100 less than what you've been quoted. Not that it's significant enough in this case and your retailer would likely give you more discount if you are serious, I am guessing.

From my observations, for whatever reason, Swiss watch prices are almost always better in New Jersey. Even when there is some good sale somewhere else, New Jersey watch dealers can beat it.

P.S. Out of curiosity, I've just checked it. The only Calgary dealer selling Rolex is Brinkhaus. Rolex sets the prices for each country. The price quoted was $10,868 CDN including tax, which is approximately $8,800 US using today buy exchange rate, so it would be a slightly better deal than what you're getting, I suppose. However; they don't have this watch in stock and the wait time upon order would be 5-6 months.
That is interesting. That's the first time I've heard of a better deal in Canada than the USA for a luxury item.

I was shopping at a high end mall in Newport Beach though, and people in that part of the world LOVE to spend more than necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mark-up just for that area. I tell ya that place is more pretentious that Gastown & Yaletown combined.

PS: I don't live in Newport, and I am not pretentious haha. I can't afford to live in Newport.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote