View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #9606
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Stone is debatably better than Tkachuk and it is highly doubtful he will be better for the next 3 years.

We trade a 21 year old with team control for multiple UFA’s.

Shocking that a poster who posts a lot about squandering picks is willing to move our best player 21 or younger by several miles for older players.
Well for one this trade isn’t happening. I doubt Ottawa makes it without us putting in more. Calgary is not making it since it would shake up things too much. It was purely a hypothetical. And in that hypothetical I’d take it because I think the timeframe when Calgary loses out on that trade is 4 years down the road and in the next 3 years the trade would make Calgary better. Stone is a better player than Tkachuk now. Similar offense and much better in other areas.

Also not sure what you mean about the picks. The picks issue is completely unrelated to this hypothetical trade. The issue with trading picks or entry level players is that we need young impact players capable of playing on bottom line or third pair. Which is why I cringe at trade deals that include both Jankowski and Kylington. This trade idea completely sidesteps that. In this deal we’re basically trading Tkachuks impending 7-8 million deal for a slightly more expensive Stone deal. Our depth is unhurt in this, it’s even enhanced if we get someone like that defensemen who new era names or Dzingel.