View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #329
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoller View Post
While BT may be in the good books now, we all know every GM's time will come one day.

This thread can serve as a place for that discussion.
People are fickle. He's in the good books right now because people are more focused on the new toys than the fact that things sucked last year after three years of him in charge. It's not like Arizona ever turned things around while he was there learning with Maloney, and now we have Carolina's coach and three of their players added. Did they take their teams anywhere?

I do like that he has the guts to make changes and is active in trades and signings, but I care a lot more about whether the team is fun to cheer for during the season than during the summertime when the only activity the Flames have is around the draft and free agency as a result of the actual hockey being no good. I also acknowledge that nobody has won the big prizes until they do it the first time. Still, making changes is the off-season isn't what makes me a fan. I'll view him positively if the team stops being boring and starts winning in the playoffs, but not otherwise.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote