View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #2032
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_joke View Post
Hi Chris, I just wanted to get your impression of deals or pricing offered by Condor to the YYC market so far. There was a lot of excitement coming out of winter and they made a splash with some hot deals to Paris/Poland/Croatia but haven't seen any Condor deals posted by you since. Right now, Air Transat is still my go-to airline for deals to Europe. Is Condor offering competitive pricing in general? What does your crystal ball say about more Condor deals in the near future?
Hopefully they did well enough this summer to keep flying out of Calgary. Competition is always good for prices.

They definitely had some amazing deals to Croatia and Switzerland, and it was nice for Calgary to finally get some deals to European destinations that Air Transat doesn't serve.

Their prices seemed fairly competitive with the major carriers, although they are just a basic no frills airline, so for me to get excited about one of their prices it needs to be undercutting the major carriers by a fairly significant amount. If it's just a couple hundred dollars less it's not that exciting.

Believe me, I wish I had a crystal ball, but I think if they stick around, there's sure to be the occasional really good deal I would think.

There should be some people enjoying those $770 flights to Croatia or $580 flights to Switzerland right about now. A lot of their price cuts seemed to be focused on late August, early September.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote