View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 04:48 PM   #1386
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...465-5/fulltext

Lots of previous discrimination against people who were previously infected but not vaccinated who would have had the same level of immunity as a vaccinated person (Neither vaccination or previous infection seems to stop transmission, but both seem to mostly prevent severe disease.)

This was said early on the pandemic but “the experts” refused to acknowledge this in public policy. Any previous vaccine mandate should have acknowledged previous infection; some European countries did but here it was all about making sure we used those shots we paid for in advance. The US still has a vaccine required for entry.
A former work colleague was involved early on with C19 antibody testing and had scientific studies done through their organization comparing presence of antibodies over time for both unvac’d and vac’d (single, double, triple). Some real amazing information that could have helped all vac-status groups and individuals. He wanted to make the testing publicly available as his medical team recognized that each person may have slightly different responses to exposure and so some peoples risk levels were much higher and some much lower, again irrespective of vax status. He presented some of it via LinkedIn and also to a number of Alberta medical and government leaders. Not only was he ignored, he and his family were threatened multiple times plus having several short bans from LinkedIn.

That USA requirement is really bizarre given what we know now not to mention the prevalence of all strains globally. this policy really is not aging well and I struggle to understand at all what potential benefit remains.

At this point with what we now know… you do you. I don’t care about your status. But don’t come being sick around me.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote