View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #18
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
In Alberta there are 115K 60+ year olds that aren't fully vaccinated and another 140K 50-59 year olds. That represents a pretty significant hospitalization risk if cases get out of control or there's continuous widespread infections in the coming months.

I guess I'm just of the mind that because basically nowhere has managed to maintain low cases levels while returning to normal (regardless of vaccination rate), that a huge part of the population is going to be exposed this fall/winter. So that means the most important thing is getting the people most likely to end up in hospital vaccinated. If a vaccine passport doesn't do that for that age cohort, then we need to figure something else out or we run the risk of having the shut everything down again if it keeps spreading widely.
I am interested in what your views are on getting the last remaining people vaccinated?

We need to move from education -> advocating -> some sort of passport -> coercion. (I don't think we can ever cross the rubicon of forcing vaccinations physically).

So what steps would you take to protect the hospitals should vaccination rates not climb to a level where the hospitals are inherently protected?
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote