View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #2
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon23

Hurricanes held an elite skills clinic competition as the Canes audition, 8 players, to dwindle down to the remaining 3 center positions for the 2021 Carolina Hurricanes opening day roster

Jean-Gabriel Pageau is expected to be a lock as he has become the 3rd best shutdown center in the SIM, only behind Patrice Bergeron and Ryan O'Reilly. Although Pageau's name is frequently found in trade rumours, for over a year now, there seems to be no hard feeling between Pageau and the Hurricanes management "hockey is a business, my job is to control what happens on the ice" commented Pageau "the team is starting to become a contender and I feel I'm a big part of it"

Both Adam Lowry and Colton Sissons and engaged in contract negotiations this offseason with the Canes so today's showing was very critical to both players. Lowry, who is trying to land a long-term deal that see's him remain as Hurricanes for 3 more seasons. Right now, Lowery and the team seem to be at a standstill working out the final dollars.

Sam Steel seems to have caught an initial virus that is affected some SIM players, although an NHL player seems to have developed a drag that has lowered his overall state to much less than players that have even played a game in the NHL. It was good to see Sam in good spirits during the clinic and looks to return to the CPHL pro team next year

*Lucas Wallmark has clear waivers today at 2:30 pm and will join the Albany River Rats for the start of the season

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: