View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 11:02 AM   #13438
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Yeah, its a terrible proposal. It's that time of year when draft picks are the most important thing ever and we should be giving away our assets for those draft picks, because high draft picks = success! Just ask Edmonton and Buffalo as they have owned the high draft pick market this past decade! Frankly, if you can't get Connor Brown and the 10th over pick for Monahan, with a very small add (like one of our tiny B or C level prospects), then you don't make the trade. Monahan is still highly regarded and would be of interest to any team. He's a center that plays in the dirty spaces, knows how to find holes in coverage, and can finish. If PL Dubois can recoup Laine and Rosolivic, Monahan should be able to recoup something similar. Brown is not even remotely close to the value of Monahan.
For the record that trade is predicated on guenther falling to 10 and I got blasted for holding your same opinion only last week. I think Monahan is worth brown + 10 alone. But brown does have good contract.

Also seems people value pelletier a bit more than I do