View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #486
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Your interpretation is incorrect. You have the right to redress, but there is no guarantee that the government is going to acknowledge or act upon your complaint. Just as god hears all prays, he just doesn't answer all of them, the government hears all complains, they just choose not to act on them.

The weapons of war thing is also a bit off. The guns in question are not the same as the ones issued to military or law enforcement. I can get as many rounds down range with both of these rifles using a similarly configured magazine. NSF for size.

NSFW!

The furniture seems to scare people more than anything. They perform the same function. Maybe the government needs to ban semi-automatics? Maybe that is the problem.
Banning semi auto's would be the best thing to massively reduce death tolls in mass shootings, probably wouldn't bring down the overall US death rate but if you limit the wack jobs to bolt action rifles I doubt most could kill more than 3 or 4 in a shooting.

I suspect that making guns look less macho would help as well, I'd pass a law that all guns had to look silly, polka dot pink, no camo allowed, nothing that looked remotely military, that in and of itself would probably reduce some of its appeal to the nutters.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote