View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #672
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Todd La Torre is the new lead vocalist of Queensryche.

Lots of drama the last couple of months. Sounds like Wilton will finally get to take the band in a heavier direction.

For those interested:

The drama is apparently (unconfirmed) that a month or two ago, Tate overheard the other band members talking about firing him backstage at a show. Tate proceeded to threaten Rockenfield with a knife and I believe punched out one of the other members. So they decided to fire him a few days ago (Tate was not actually a founding member despite being the only singer....DeGarmo and the other three remaining members were the band founders).

Now that makes a great story but I suspect the real reason for the firing and what the conversation was about that Tate supposedly overheard was about Tate's committment to the band and if I had to guess, Tate using the band name and "fame" to promote and profit from individual ventures such as his wine business etc. Tate has a solo album coming out soon I believe. it likely didn't help that his wife managed the band etc...

It will be interesting to see where they go. Tate and DeGarmo were the main contributors to songwriting and when DeGarmo left the music went downhill. Now the main lyricist is gone.

Last edited by ernie; 06-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote