View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #7
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

One aspect that isn't talked about nearly enough in Canada is the type of health care system we have and the wait times for timely treatment.

When people get injured or are hurt, it's not unusual for people waiting months and months and sometimes even years for treatment. By the time a proper diagnoses happens something like a back, hip, knee, shoulder injury etc, SOME and a lot of people have been taking strong pain killers for far too long.

Waiting months for MRI's and than months and months for surgical appointments is BS. People in extreme pain need to have that pain dealt with before their 2 year finale with our health care system.

I will never forget what 2 different banking clients I had once said to me. One was taking out $10k for a surgery that was needed in the US because of their timely treatment vs the year long adventure in Alberta. He said he had waited so long for surgery that his golfing friends had left him off the foursome of regular play and he had lost an important part of his social circle and was lonely and depressed during spring and summer. He was hoping to be part of that again once he rehabbed.

Another talked about the platinum level of service she was getting for $15k for something that in Alberta was taking forever. She made it a tax deductible Florida vacation for her.

Health care delayed is health care denied and the government and their policies with regards to wait times also have a serious hand in this entire mess for a lot of people.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote