View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #425
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Very poetically put, and I agree. People are getting a bit too hooked into the whole, OMG I heard Hera's name, saw Chopper and the Ghost in Rogue one. But they weren't a key story of Rogue one.

The only way that would have happened is if we saw a shattered Ghost at the end of the movie.

I remember reading the book Gildenstern and Rosenkratz are dead, a book about two characters from Hamlet, and it was a great look at two characters from another book.

I hope your right in that the season isn't heavily constructed around a bit moment in the battle of scariff, this crew has to have their own story and their own ending.

I loved the Clone Wars, it was a great bridge and I feel that by ending it early like they did that we were left feeling a bit left down. We saw the start of the decent of Anakin Skywalker and his turn to the darkside, but another season would have really been able to cement some choices. We could have also seem what I think would have been some disillusionment by Obi-Wan, and the feeling of hopelessness in Yoda who I'm convinced knew that the end of the Jedi was coming and that they weren't going to see a victory in the clone wars.

While they had that excellent Clone Trooper episode arc in the final series, it would have been awesome to see the heartbreak of guys like Rex leaving the Grand Army while a standup leader like Cody deciding to stay.

It would have been great to see the resolution of the young Ashoka character and how far she fell and what she did when she left the order.

We do know that there is another animated series coming. I would expect that it will either take place concurrent to the events of the OT and be a different setting, or something to bridge ROTJ to TFA.

I would still like to see an Imperial centered series where loyal Imperials decide to leave the Imperial military.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote