View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #35
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm really not sure why i resonant with this show so closely but along with the opening credits of each episode, i immediately associate with the world and can't help but imagine what it might feel like if my family just vanished without any explanation and how heartbreaking that would be. I love the slow burn reveal and i take the telling of each episode as to what we're suppose to learn while the rest is left up to my own interpretation, i value the fact the show isn't spoon feeding me all of the answers right away.

For instances my view on the stoning death of the GR women is it was suppose to be absolutely horrific so we the audience wouldn't be allowed to find any enjoyment out of the act (vis-a-vis the purple wedding) since the Guilty Remnant have been so appalling up until then and again soon after. They are a group that we don't know much about but I'm interested to find out more while at the same time enjoy speculating what their motives might be. I cant remember being so resentful at make-believed characters after they broke into some of the houses in town to steal pictures of loved ones who had departed, I couldn't help but think what that would feel like if all you had to remember them by was a photo only to have that then be taken from you as well.

This last episode was my new favorite, showing her buying the exact same groceries in case her family came back and then showing how the character was struggling with notion of having to go to this conference to talk about her experience although then when she wasn't given the proper lanyard, she showed that she actually wants to be known for her tragedy but then goes to that party and to hear what people think, it was all very compelling story telling for me. Then to end with the mysterious man who hugs peoples pain away, I was extremely intrigued to see how that plays out. The man who goes out shooting the dog packs, the police chiefs daughter who gave her mom the lighter and burst out crying when he came to the school, the fact that the Government is so quick to send a kill squad to any of these cults and actually burns the corpses involved in a hate crime against them to me all very powerful scenes that invoke my emotions which makes for enjoyable television in my opinion. I really enjoy this show and look forward to watching the rest of the season and hope it gets picked up for a second.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote