View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #45
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Space Brothers has been a weekly watch for me since it started two years ago. It gets a bit draggy at times, but still a fantastic watch for me. I like the fact that they actually portray NASA and JAXA realistically in the show.

Another one I'm watching right now is Log Horizon. It's far superior to Sword Art Online, which I thought was absolute crap.
I lost interest by episode 50-something. Liked the underdog story but once I caught up, having nothing to really look forward to week after week makes it hard to come back to after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Really? I kind of liked SAO, had some charm. Lol I just looked and Log Horizon is in my Crunchyroll queue already. Some day my queue will actually go down in size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I liked SAO myself. I liked the dark story. I get that people were weirded out by the sister thing though.

Still not too sure what to think of Log Horizon though, it just seems too happy / unrealistic of what would actually happen in that situation. There should be more soul crushing depression.

Also, checking out the wiki page, it says it is only going 25 episodes, however, the progression has felt so slow. I would be extremely disappointed if it ended at 25 or didn't end up having a season 2.
SAO had a decent premise and start. Could have been really dark but the light novel didn't go in that direction...and the infamous second season's arc went downhill when Mr. Perfect had to rescue Ms Perfect as the damsel in distress.

Log Horizon looks to be more about the gameplay as part of the setting though there's a little more lightheartedness than I would have also liked.

On a side note, I sometimes don't know why I continue to watch Golden Time.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote