Thread: S.h.i.e.l.d.
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #57
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Smallville was more fun when they were bringing in Smallville versions of characters from the comics. That's why it was able to last 9 seasons.
Yeah, but Smallville had the advantage of being it's own independent world and if anything was trying to expand with attempted spinoffs like Aquaman.

Shield exists in a world where it's second fiddle to the much much much more profitable Marvel movies. And first they need to have the rights of the heroes or villains and a lot of the characters we know associated with S.H.I.E.L.D. are owned by Sony and Fox. Although Marvel's grabbed back some rights lately with Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher and Blade. And then they have to decide that the characters aren't better used in the movies, which will pretty much limit this show to c-list characters and cameos. Can't imagine Hydra not coming into play probably puppeteering Rising Tide but any other fanfare will have to come with more obscure characters I'd imagine.

Although if this show does show some more main characters, Coulson being The Vision would be my bet. It's not the right origin story but super Coulson's mysterious backstory will hopefully not just end up being LMD.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote