View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #272
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I believe that if you're leaving your phone on in your bedroom, you're leaving it on for a notification of some type. If you really don't want to be disturbed at all, then turn off your phone.

When it comes to immetimate life in danger, do we really want to reduce the possibility of people taking immediate action if they're device is on and they are able to receive the notification? Because these alerts can be set to silent, but then is it working as well as intended?

I don't know how much compromise should be made for this, considering the stakes.
I don't really have a phone so I don't have a horse in this race, and if I did I wouldn't keep it in my room. But anyway, I can see the argument that it is of little help to wake sleeping people who are just going back to sleep. Everyone checks their phone the second they get up anyway, and they will see the alert then, probably more willing to give it actual attention as opposed to glancing, seeing the alert, rolling over and going back to sleep only to completely forget what it said or maybe even that they received it at all. Logical? Or crazy kid hating selfish antisocial jerk? Since that seems to be the extremes we are taking here.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote