View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 05:50 PM   #604
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Did any of you hip shooters listen to the actual quote or are you just taking that article title as gospel?

"I don't believe that talking about a climate emergency and oil/gas are mutually exclusive ideas. I think as a matter of fact we've forgotten what we're good at; we're good at energy production. And we are also leaders in innovative ways to practice energy production. We became fixated on that end product being oil/gas, so let's move past the outputs and start talking about the processes again. And let's put ourselves on the map as a city that is an absolute leader in a transitioning economy. And let's show the world that by using innovation and technology, we can come up with sustainable, greener and cleaner solutions across all of our business sectors. That's the message we need to set; let's not get hung up on what it is we need to be producing. Let's talk about the ways that we get there."

I'm sure you all as reasonable people can see message - this exact quote from her - as saying Calgary must focus on shifting from focusing on only producing oil/gas to expanding Calgary's ability to deliver innovative and cleaner solutions in energy across other sectors.

There is literally nothing in her quote about "moving past" O/G. This is a really poor article title, but not surprised it's worded like that from the BOE Report.
GREEEEAAAT!! Now we'll have politicians from 3 levels of government to blame for issues in the oil industry.

Thanks Trudeau, Notley and Gondek...
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote