Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #514
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
For sure, it's one of the reasons I stay with Shaw, so it's kind of too bad I'm having to make a work a round for something but the alternative is nothing so..... I don't think it's so much a Shaw infrastructure concern so much as people saturating a public spots bandwidth. I've speed tested to 40Mbps on open, which is really good for a public spot. If you can tunnel back to your home service that's a decent workaround for sure.

I will need to try and see if vpn to a Canadian IP will cause the Netflix error to come up, as I'm not circumventing geoblocking that way, which is the main reason for the error.
I wonder if / hope that maybe it was a temporary issue and not necessarily traffic shaping. Shaw even boasts on the main Shaw Go page that Shaw customers can save 6 gigs and $50 worth of overages each month.

The whole concept around ShawGo is that it can save Shaw customers a bunch of data/money while away from home, so I'd be surprised and disappointed if they've taken that step. It also keeps some money out of the pockets of the competition by preventing overages.

I use it but don't rely on ShawGo because I've got a 10 gig plan for $60/month. But I really like the concept of it.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote