View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
Flamescuprun2018
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
I am not sold on Mangiapane either
I agree. Mangiapane better off in Stockton for development since still top 9 upside.

I would think Hathaway more likely to function as a 13th or 14th man eating popcorn much of the season. He has hit his ceiling and is unlikely to improve from here with more Stockton time. But can be okay in 4th line energy role.

The use of our extra forwards has to be considered carefully. So much better for a 24+ yr old player in this role than our younger prospects.

I suspect what you will see is one of Foo, Mangiapane or Dube making the squad as 4LW or 4RW.

If Lazar could pass through waivers, that would also be best since he still could regain his confidence and rekindle his NHL skill. But doubt they risk waivers before Peters can assess his potential. Lazar will likely platoon with in and out of lineup as next callup whenever someone a bit banged up or needs to refresh or a reprimand.

Brouwer will be one expensive 13th or 14th man but ideal to watch from the stands. I would even be okay with him staying in the stands if injuries and let Stockton callup slot in for playing time instead. Brouwer will eventually open up his NTC to all teams and is dealt for a B prospect and retained salary. Unless Peters magically rekindles his career and makes him valuable enough to move at trade deadline.
Flamescuprun2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamescuprun2018 For This Useful Post: