View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:11 AM   #12205
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
When Gaudreau was first moved to a line with Lindholm and Tkachuk, the games were extremely meaningful and the majority of the games were absolutely must win, so the pressure was actually immense and his line did their job virtually every night. It wasn't until the Jets game did their chances really fall off a cliff.

Also, I never blame the coach, it's such low hanging fruit to blame the coach for everything. Monahan's injury was halfway into the season, that duos game at even strength hasn't been right since the end of 2018.

I can understand those that want to see Gaudreau and others move on, but I'd ask those people where they expect the goals to come from? Darryl Sutter has said time and time again that goal scoring was this team's biggest issue this season, so unless we're flat out rebuilding, you keep the your team's most skilled and dynamic players and move the deadweight instead.
I used to think JG was one of the problems with this team, but I've changed my tune. I think that if there's not a tear down, the only reason you trade him is if you know for certain that he's not going to re-sign. He may have regressed a bit, but he's still the big dog on offense for this team-a lot of the creativity flows through him. He's proving he just needs a fast, play-driving C to play with, and he's fitting in to DS' way of doing things.

Last edited by Sandman; 05-17-2021 at 02:34 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post: