View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:57 PM   #3132
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

United States Championship -- Riddle (c) vs. Sheamus (W)

I just really don't like Riddle all that much, that's not to say he isn't a decent technician in the ring and can do some neat things. Sheamus has been amazing for the last 6 months after coming off of a rumor of a career ending neck conditions. This match was hard hitting, had some nifty spots including a jackhammer to pin attempt. There were a couple of pretty clear blotches mainly because these guys were working at a high rate of speed. The finishing brogue kick pretty much knocked teeth out on Riddle. I like hard hitting matches where the competitors work smug, so I give high marks for intensity.

4 out of 5

Intercontinental Championship -- Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews (W) (Nigerian Drum Fight)

Ok, just because you call something a Nigerian Drum match doesn't make it a thing, kind of like a Punjabi Prison Match. I loved a few spots. Big E with the spear through the ropes, and the suplex from the apron to the stairs looked good. Its clear that this was a graduation ceremony for both. For Big E he needs to move to the upper card, for Apollo who's always been an under rated performer to carry the IC champion. Of cours they bought in Kato who we last saw in the ill fated Raw Underground. Overall this was a good match with a decent story line, and the right ending. Big E didn't lose, but Apollo did win

4 out of 5 Stars

Raw Women's Championship -- Asuka (c) vs. Rhea Ripley (W)

Without a doubt Rhea and Bianca are pretty much the future of the Woman's division which needs a lot of help right now and needs to be bought out of the woods. I liked this matchup because its two really physical workers. Rhea played the power house to a T. Asuka looked better then she has in a long time and we finally got to see her extended move set. However I was still left wanting more at the end of the match, especially from Asuka. It wasn't anywhere near to the level of the Sasha Bianca Match though. Decent, and acts as a palate cleanser before the main event, but not anything more then a solid match.

3.5 out of 5

Then we get a segment with Bayley and Hulk and Titus, that made me feel sorry for poor Bayley. She's been one of the best heels in the company for a while, but now it feels like they want to create Vicki Guerroro here with the Ding Dong catch phrase. Then they had the Bellas come out and kick the crap out of her. There's been a rumor of a Bella comeback for a while, and maybe after Vince watched the disaster of the woman's tag team division he hurredly signed them to a new contract.

No grade, just sad.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote