View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #1661
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've actually had the opposite struggle. Was in a relationship for over a decade so my already barely passable courting skills rotted. I had to get used to the whole new world of online dating, which is really weird at first. But after a while I adjusted and actually think I've had a fairly decent experience on there, though it definitely fluctuates in peaks & valleys. Where I struggle now is the in-person version of first meeting someone (aka not a Tinder meetup), it's just been sooo long...I just learned how to Tinder after my breakup & never re-learned how to do it in the good old fashioned, in person way again.

My in-person game is currently so embarrassing that I won't even approach a woman who's smiling at me from across the bar the odd time anymore cuz I already know how it's going to go if I do lol. I think part of it is I don't really know many people here anymore, and the ones I do know live in the deep south of the city and are married, so I'm usually just riding solo downtown unless one of them visits: I was always better with that stuff in a group. But I also feel I'm getting more and more introverted and socially awkward the past 2-3 years, perhaps due to Covid. I just wish I could shake it, feels like I'm missing out on a dating gold mine living downtown now.

Last edited by Sainters7; 08-15-2022 at 03:50 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote