Old 04-02-2023, 10:20 AM   #1338
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
re structure of TLOU2:

Spoiler!
That doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take your word for it. I didn't poke into the details of how Druckmann and group did things much at all. I just comment based on how I saw it when I played it.

I really didn't like how the first few hours gave you a huge idea about what the later game would be like, but the later game felt like it was written in a way where the writing felt like it expected you to have no idea what was going on at all. It basically spoilered a ton of the late game. In other stories where you follow the story from two totally different perspectives, you're still learning new information all the time and curious where you'll intersect. I've always felt a minor tweaking in order could have amplified the game to another level for enjoyment. I also literally felt (but don't know for sure) like the story of TLOU2 was written to be optimized in a different order, then forced into the final order and thus it feels weird because you can see those story mechanics in the later game that seem strangely out of place.

IMO the second season shouldn't follow a similar format. IMO, the stories alone are really good. But I'm also just saying I'm worried that the story telling format that we saw in TLOU2, seemed to exist in TLOU HBO, so I'm just saying I'm worried they might stumble with the story in TLOU2 HBO.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote