View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 05:23 PM   #1335
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I just think Druckmann's ego isn't likely to let him fix the many structural and pacing problems with Part 2. This season was really very faithful to the first game, and in the case of the first game that was mostly a good thing. That's really not the case going forward, in my opinion. But he seems to take praise (or fawning) to heart readily and dismiss criticism, and there's been plenty of praise to reinforce his views about his own storytelling abilities over the course of this season's run. I think it's going to suffer from basically everything the second game did.
lol with this r/lastofus2 crap.

Neil's clearly a very smart guy. He's been very vocal during his career how much feedback he took from people and how much his projects changed because of the negative feedback he received. From what I've seen of him, the guy doesn't seem to have much of an ego at all. There's a subsection of fans (see: incels) that has launched a pretty crazy smear campaign against him, which always felt had some pretty clear anti-semitic undertones.

There are definitely some valid complaints about structure (and narrative) issues with Part II, but the major winging comes from a very small minority of the fans. I believe that the game did have some logical gaffs (such as the welcoming behaviour of some certain characters), but it was nearly perfect. It was also released to nearly universal praise as well outside of the gamergate crowd.

I do also think anyone (including Neil) could tell you the structure of that game would not smoothly transfer over to TV. There will need to be major readjustments to the story, as a TV audience will probably not stick around for the narrative device used at the halfway mark.

Mazin and Drukmann are both very smart guys, so I'm not worried about them transitioning it to TV.

Last edited by Cole436; 04-02-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Cole436 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cole436 For This Useful Post: