View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #186
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Who are you, btw, rubecube?

I am a professional engineer with master's in water resources and hydrology. I've worked on numerous flood and stormwater management projects all over the world. I also have an MBA. So, I can honestly say that I do have a general comprehension of significant weather events, as well as scientific analysis and data. Yet, I am not an expert and after reviewing some of the climate change debate information available on the Internet, I see enough confusion and controversy to make any conclusions or take any position regarding the primary cause of recent climate change. I am unsure about it.
I think this is sort of the point though. You have public-facing agencies, etc., such as NASA and the IPCC, who have been abundantly clear on what they believe is the main driver of global warming. I would assume these agencies have people working for them who are experts in this particular field, and whose knowledge vastly outweighs my own and most of the general public's. Am I really to believe that they have not carefully considered the dissenting scientific opinions within their own community and that they haven't rigorously tested their own hypothesis extensively before going public with said hypothesis?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote