View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 02:46 PM   #335
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love this, because as a Canadian we practice in Gyms a lot, and as a coach I'd usually spend some time with my designated free-kick takers practicing very similar drills.

My favourite was trying to sink a soccer ball into a basketball net.

The first time I introduced the kids to that drill I let them try it first and the consensus was that its impossible.

It isn't. I took 10 shots and sunk 3 of them. It can be done.

As you can see in the video, Kroos is figuring out that a soccer ball isnt a basketball. They bounce very differently, especially off the backboard. If you want to use the backboard it has to be feather-light, for the most part though, you've got to go for the 'swish.'

I will say, when I was teaching kids to do this, theres a few things to consider, a soccer ball doesnt bounce 'properly' on a gym floor compared to a pitch and also, the ball should be 'dead' rather than bouncing.

Anyways, Kroos is a beauty, one of my favourite players and one of the best midfielders and passers in the game. But I'd love to see them do this with Modric. That guy is pure magic.

Its still impressive as hell.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote