View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #53
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Damn this really hurts. Trebek was the full package, with smarts, humour, charisma, and the ability to rock an epic stache.

My favourite moments on Jeopardy! were his perfect pronunciations of foreign words and the subtle digs when contestants gave a dumb answer or went deep into the negative. The show format was good on its own but Trebek made it great.

Also at this time I can’t help but be reminded of Cindy Stowell. FU cancer.

RIP to a Canadian legend.
Normally Celebrity deaths dont really bother me but there have been a few I can think of that have actually made me emotional and this is one of them. You missed on key attribute though...kindness. He was so kind that even the mildest zing from Trebek was like being kicked by a Mule.

Its not just that its Trebek, its what Jeopardy means to us.

This is a TV trivia gameshow.

A trivia gameshow that has brought families together to watch, paid scholarships, prize money for teachers and students and generally helped educate and inspire countless people and he was the figurehead for that.

The only solace I take is that his pain has now ended and, knowing that it was coming, he was prepared and graced us with his presence.

RIP and Godspeed you magnificent man.

I hope after the funeral they shave his moustache and cast it in Bronze and put it in the Smithsonian or something.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote