View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #55
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
To say they had nothing going is a bit much. The first period of game 1 was definitely hard to watch, with terrible execution at all ends of the ice. However, the second and third periods were a different story. The team started finding their legs and took the game over from that point on. They looked every bit the part of the #1 seed they are. I saw glimpses of this on Saturday as well, but it was just too few and far in between to amount to enough.

The concerning aspect is that the team has started two home games very poorly and hasn't dominated possession as you'd expect against low playoff seed. Losing last change is a definite concern for me tonight as our preferred match ups haven't even resulted in much in that regard.

Tonight is exactly where a player like Monahan needs to step up and show that he's a top line, elite player in order for the Flames to take this series back. He'll be seeing a hefty dose of Mackinnon for sure and playing the way he has, which is ok, will simply not be good enough.
When you ask for Monahan to step up what are you expecting? He did score in game 2 but that's typical Monahan in that you don't notice him most of the game and then boom he puts the puck in the net. I don't know if he's the type of guy that's ever going to take over a game or be a threat every single shift. If he has another game where he's silent but scores it's probably a good game for him.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote