View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #3538
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
I've got about 1-2 episodes left from this season and I'm absolutely loving it. I think the shift from a scrappy upstart crew, to an established team grinding out a show day by day has given GLOW a lot of breathing room.

The secondary characters are being fleshed out with more detail, and the established characters are developing and changing in ways that feel organic.

Spoiler!

At first I was a little "oh, they're not focusing on the wrestling?" and it kinda took me back as well, but after a few episodes I bought in on the idea of the wrestling being more of a backdrop, and less of a character, and individual lives of the characters being more of the focus.

I will agree there's a lot less laughs this season.
They definitely seem intent on using their platform to explore many, many issues. You’ve got pretty much every character either with some warp speed arc related to romance and/or self realization, then adding in your me-too, sexuality, racism, homophobia, etc.

It seems like they had a laundry list of ideas and wanted to cover everything rather than having space for anything to breathe and play out, so they were all thrown in for a battle royale.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote