Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #174
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I think there is a realistic story to tell where other parties, outside of Vader/Palp and Maul, are possibly looking for Luke, or Obi-Wan, or the idea that Obi-Wan is protecting.

I believe there is a cool mini series story to tell.

We got an idea of what the Empire was doing to find Jedi in Rebels with the Inquisitors. I mean Vader/Palps thought that the offspring of Anakin Skywalker were dead. Maul figured it out kinda in Rebels, but didn't know that Luke was Vader, but before his death figured that what Obi-Wan was hiding on Tattooine was the chosen one.

I've always liked the stories from Star Wars from the perspective of the Empire were really interesting. Not every officer was a Tarkin, not every Army solider was a storm trooper, not every pilot was a murderer.

the story in the game Tie Fighter was awesome as you flew for the Empire. There was a book series about defecting stormtroopers that was really good.

Most of the people in the Empire were deceived by the lie that Palpatine created, that they were fighting to bring order and peace to the Galaxy, and create a fair society that wouldn't be beset by the corruption of the Republic.

I would love to see a story from that perspective from the view of a Imperial officer or stormtrooper who just wants to serve and thinks they're doing the right thing, and then Alderaan happens and doubts start to creep in.

On the Obi-Wan series, there's plenty that can happen. You can have Bounty Hunters who recognize Obi-Wan, maybe the Inquisitors show up. I just don't know how you couldn't include Vader in the story because the minute that there's a hint that Obi-Wan is alive, Vader is going to show up.

You can even have Obi-Wan trying to take down Jabba's empire on Tattooine, there are all sorts of interesting characters that can be involved in that.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote