View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #3534
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm pretty much through it, and while it had some brilliant episodes and moments. The confessions in the desert for example was really good.

But the show became really inconsistent, they moved away from the ring stuff which had some great comedy in the past, and decided to bring up the relationships.

So the season really didn't have the comedy bite that it die.

If they do another season, I'll give it a shot, and hope that the strong writing returns.
I've got about 1-2 episodes left from this season and I'm absolutely loving it. I think the shift from a scrappy upstart crew, to an established team grinding out a show day by day has given GLOW a lot of breathing room.

The secondary characters are being fleshed out with more detail, and the established characters are developing and changing in ways that feel organic.

Spoiler!

At first I was a little "oh, they're not focusing on the wrestling?" and it kinda took me back as well, but after a few episodes I bought in on the idea of the wrestling being more of a backdrop, and less of a character, and individual lives of the characters being more of the focus.

I will agree there's a lot less laughs this season.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote