View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #56
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Just based on the video, it didn't look like the mall was set up for these sorts of businesses - not enough space in the units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, these are glorified kiosks.
Fair enough. I was just trying to think of something that could go in with very few incentives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
This seems like the sort of investment a middle class or under guy would make, thinking it's a rich-guy investment and thus a step toward becoming rich. I can't picture many savvy investors buying these and then dealing with the hassle of renting it to a guy that sells imported phone cases for $5 each.
I think Calgary is ripe for people to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are plenty of people that have saved up more money than the average Canadian and think they got there because they are smarter than they are lucky.

I would love to know more about who bought in to this, and why thought it would be a good idea.

Maybe it will take longer than I think, but I am still convinced that someone will buy low and find a way to make money on this. And it probably won't be the people buying now, but people buying in a couple years from the people that are trying to scoop up the "deals" today.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote