View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #43
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
I was surprised when the project actually broke ground a couple years ago. I think there were a lot of people questioning the viability of the mall even when the concept was floated around, so it's not like they can say this comes as any surprise.

Which is too bad, because I was hoping they'd be able to turn it into a muticultural mall, with lots of nice food options and quirky shops. By the looks of it, that's going to be a long way down the road if it even happens in the first place.
The same was said for Cross Iron when it was first proposed, and IIRC when it first opened it was pretty dead during the week and really only had decent traffic (in shopping terms) during the weekend. It's obviously since grown into a success. So maybe this will just take time too but on the other hand Cross Iron was full (vacancy wise) when it opened which is certainly not the case here. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully the speculators who bought most of the units cut their losses and dump them for a more realistic and reasonable price and allow merchants to pick them up and actually be able to run a viable business.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote