View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #34
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyBilko View Post
We have no idea what could have been worked out though. We could have still had Hamonic. There's players to be moved things to be done.
I suppose this is principally true, but I am highly sceptical that even an astute GM like Treliving could have managed trades for both Hamonic and Fleury without a considerable sacrifice from this year's starting lineup.

After the Harmonic deal the Flames currently have:

2018 3rd, 4th x 2, 5th, 7th x 2
2019 1st, 4th x 2, 5th, 7th x 2
2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th.

The Flames traded a conditional 2018 2nd/3rd pick, a good prospect and Chad Johnson's negotiating rights for Mike Smith + $1.05 m retained.

Would Pittsburgh have been willing to move Fleury in exchange for a package of any of these remaining draft picks? Even if so, how many draft picks would the Flames be willing to move for Fleury? Bear in mind that they are already missing one first and two seconds in the next two years.

But moreover with the expansion draft looming what would Pittsburgh have wanted in exchange for MA Fleury? They traded a prospect, an 2017 second and a 2018 fourth to Vegas just to ensure that they would select Fleury in the expansion draft.

In the end, I am really quite convinced that the cost to acquire Fleury would have been higher than for Smith, to say nothing for the salary retained by Arizona in the deal. I am inter3ested to know given your confidence how YOU would have made a deal for MA Fleury without jeopardising available assets and necessary cap-space to acquire Hamonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 09-12-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote