View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #50
yourbestfriend
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
There is a vocal section of the fanbase that are ready to move on from Bennett due to the fact he is not a superstar before he turned 21. That same faction within the fanbase is now saying it is make or break for young Sam. Many others in the fanbase are happy to be patient and still see him as a star player but acknowledge it will take longer to get there than it was initially thought.
Ready to move on? I don't believe there are a lot of fans who want to "move on" from Bennett. I love how he plays and I specifically said Bennett will be the player to put the Flames over the top.
With that said, I also fully acknowledge that he may never reach his potential and will potentially be a lesser player than a whole bunch of players from his draft class.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that if i'm drafting a forward in the top5, I don't want a project player. I'm expecting the player to have an impact before the end of his ELC, other wise whats the point of drafting so high? Players picked in that range are picked because they have top line potential and are expected to reach it soon.
For most top5 drafted forwards, their career trajectory can be directly correlated to how they performed in their first 3-4years.

Maybe "make or break" wasn't the right term to use for Bennett, but this is definitely an important year to show mgmt and the fans as to how much of his potential is attainable.
yourbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yourbestfriend For This Useful Post: