View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:36 PM   #716
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The media didn’t blow things up. The KP press team did by releasing a doctored photo and then lying about it afterwards, blaming it on Kate, then going silent for a week. You cannot release doctored photos and lie about it. Full stop. The fact that KP decided to let Kate take #### for it is all on them. If they had two brain cells they’d have immediately shut it down.

It’s so weird that you and others seem so intent on somehow tying the lunatic fringe tabloids and online conspiracy theorists with mainstream media who regularly cover the royals. It’s like comparing Alex Jones and twitter conspiracy nuts with WaPo and the NYT.

Whether you or I or anyone else like it they are important public figures in the UK and around the world. And that carries a certain amount of trust. When they intentionally lie to the public and mislead them, it creates controversy and mistrust. But it wasn’t Kate and Will who did this. It was the incomoetent press teams who control their public facing image.

If they’d have said nothing, which is what every single member of the press who covers the royals expected, since they know KP and BP don’t typically bend to media pressure, no one would have expected a Kate appearance for weeks, if not longer.

Now instead of this being a somber announcement that comes weeks earlier than she was scheduled to appear, it the unfortunate and sad finale to a week long scandal because the worlds most incompetent press team, who have a history of making tremendous blunders and bad decisions, made yet another faceplant.

I pity her for marrying into that tire fire of a family. Hopefully she makes a full recovery.
I gave you links of the New York Times and LA times covering this 10 days before the doctored photo. Quit making stuff up
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote