Thread: Draft targets
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 02:00 PM   #52
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Do you honestly think there is an NHL centerman on that list (other than maybe Zary)? I think Pospisil is only a winger, at the NHL level.

There are 5 NHL Dmen on that list, and several really good prospects. In fact, every one of those defenseman is a possible (or actual) NHLer. But on C, there isn't a single prospect that is even close to Morin or Brzustewicz.
Other than Jones, no. But on your list I would take off

Jurmo
Hurtig
Solovyov
Kuznetzov

None of those guys are "really good prospects". As for your list, the NHL dmen are really Kylington and Anderson. I strongly suspect Miromanov is also a NHL dman. But Pachal and Okhotiuk are guys who are currently playing in the NHL. They may at some point become NHL players but I doubt they would even be in the NHL with a playoff team.

But if we are talking about centers we are only talking about Celibrini, Lindstrom and Catton (Catton is a maybe, suspect he is a winger at the NHL) who are projected to possibly be BPA and around the Flames pick. Iginla is not a center at the junior level so he would be another winger. Any other centers are big reaches at 8th or 9th overall. Not sure why we would pick a winger, we already have way too many wingers. It would be disappointing for me if the Flames either took another winger or reached for a center if there were still 2-3 stud dmen on the board when they drafted, especially with the crazy amount of centers that are projected to go top 10 next year.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 03-27-2024 at 02:02 PM.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote