View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 06:16 PM   #1795
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Hi. So, I am wondering about the setup and whether a projector would be a good idea. As you can see, the tv is currently on the one wall. I am considering putting it on the other wall as it is wired for it already.

I know projectors are bigger but I am sceptical about the image quality and whether it would work in this room. Would love any thoughts people have. Thanks.

It depends... what's your budget? Also, how dark does that room get? What is your intended use?

I can tell you a laser 4K UST projector is good quality. But if you don't spend the money on doing the wall property and project solely on the wall, then it'll obviously look worse than a TV. There's pros and cons to both, but wondering if 4K = 4K is not one of those primary concerns I'd personally have.

You can get quality display rivaling many 4K TVs out there and get the 100"+ size, but if it doesn't fit on the wall or your barely break 80-90" or you truly want a 120"+ size, what's the point of redoing this set up for an incremental gain? You're losing the projector's advantage. Buy a slightly bigger TV instead to use up that wall. (ie: I'm not sure of the size of your TV, but it doesn't look like there's too much room on each side to increase the size.

If it's blowing away your budget and it's more economical to go with a 4K TV set up, again there's no point. You can easily expect to blow around $3K-13K for just the projector and screen with laser ST, UST projectors at 4K. It can also potentially cost several grand for the appropriate type of screen that with display the light the best and also reject light from other sources than the projector.

If you do a lot of gaming and need certain refresh rates, either you'll have to consider increasing your budget for a projector or it just makes more sense to go with a TV.

I also didn't notice any sound system. Did you hide it well? Or is there another consideration that is required there?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: