View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #341
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

The camp fast travel is okay and I used it a ton but it feels like this game penalizes you too much for wanting to explore and hunt.

For instance. I was at my camp by Saint Denis and wanted to do a hunting challenge that was pretty far up north. So I fast travel to Valentine and then cinematic mode my horse the rest of the way. Once I get there I track and hunt down the animal I was looking for and some other perfect pelts for challenges. Then I have to cinematic my horse to the nearest fence which I think was Emerald town or something. Get there and trade the animal for trinkets, and then ride the rest of the way (again in cinematic) to my camp to drop off the other animals required to craft at my camp. This whole process takes way too long for a simple hunting challenge and even for main missions it just felt like i was riding my horse for 70% of the time. Which is honestly boring as hell after a while.

They could have fixed this easily too by implementing a better fast travel system. Even if you want to limit it a little and only allow travel to and from certain points. It's just so daunting to be at one end of the map and have to complete a challenge at the other end.